I made a Zelda II alike world with a big map on top view and some dungeons in side view. Permanent world, only the monsters are reset between dungeons / starts.
The limit was way overdue before I could do all I wanted so I’m linking both version here, the entry for the compo and the updated / finalised one.
Compo rules: https://tins.amarillion.org/krampu21/rules/
Gameplay demo :
How to play:
- You are Kwink. You have to save princess Khelda which is kept prisonner by an Ogre
- You directly start on the main map. Move around and kill some simple monsters to gain a bit of XP/Life before trying yourself at the dungeons.
- Each dungeons is guarded by a lot of mobs. Killing them is up to you. Leveling up before being traped in a dungeon is recommended
- Find all the 3 key fragments before going onto the last dungeon. Deliver princess Khelda by defeating the last mob
- Esc: quit
- Arrow keys: move, go up/down or jump/crouch
- CTRL/LeftMouseButton: attack
- F1 -> F4t: change weapon (Wood stick, sword, magic bow, magic wand)
- Key PAD PLUS: shield potion
- Key PAD ENTER: health potion
Items to be collected:
- shield (passive, always equiped once found)
- sword of Khelda
- magic ice wand
- infinite arrow bow
- health potion
- shield potion
Obtain: the kiss of the princess one the Ogre is dead !
- Leveling up a bit on easy monsters before trying yourself to a dungeon
- Wandering around and use the map find the sword, the magic wand, the arrow, the shield
- Loot a bit of potions before entering the last dungeon
- configurable log level, example: ./KheldaII.exe -V DEBUG
- cheat: editable player_state.json after first execution
How to build: need gcc on linux and gcc + msys / cygwin on windows